4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2017 1:51 PM by philmodjunk

Slide panel best practices

slongsdc

I have a table of maintenance procedures that I am displaying in a slide panel when there are more than one step in the procedure. Is there a best practice for displaying different data in each panel? Right now, I have duplicated some of the fields (Description01, Description02, etc.) but this seems a very heavy-handed approach. Thanks in advance for any assistance.Slide

• 1. Re: Slide panel best practices
          philmodjunk

Yes, that would be a very heavy handed approach.

First the data model, Set up a related table for recording this info. This allows you to add as many instances of "Description" as you need.

This is more easily displayed in a portal rather than a slide control.

There is, however, a way to set up an "endless" slide control of three panels with script triggers and scripts that pull up a different related record on the middle panel each time you swipe right or left. (The first and last panels are blank and only used to show the slide animation and so that the script can determine the swipe direction.)

• 2. Re: Slide panel best practices
            slongsdc

Thanks. I do have a related table for registering the procedures performed in a logbook. This is a portal and it filters the procedures to show only those related to the machine selected. However, the procedures themselves aren't easily displayed in a portal as they are different lengths and vary in complexity. I have a portal on the procedures layout for the tools and materials required for each procedure.

I am very interested in the "endless" slide control. Is there reference to this technique in a prior discussion?

• 3. Re: Slide panel best practices
              siplus

slongsdc wrote:

I am very interested in the "endless" slide control. Is there reference to this technique in a prior discussion?

check out this.

• 4. Re: Slide panel best practices
                philmodjunk

However, the procedures themselves aren't easily displayed in a portal as they are different lengths and vary in complexity.

One way to use a portal is to make each row more than one row of text tall and to include a popover in the portal row that can be clicked to pop out a much larger copy of the field--which can include a scroll bar for even more flexibility in order to see even an entry of several paragraphs in length.