bryanade

Trouble with Get Related Record from portal

Discussion created by bryanade on Feb 9, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 10, 2017 by beverly

I have a portal that displays the visits a patient has had to the office. So I have one table that stores patient information, and another table that stores information about each visit. They are related through the UID defined in the patient table to a field VUID in the visit table. The portal appears just fine in the layout. The visits all appear in chronological order.

What I would like to do is have the portal button set up to go to visit layout to display the visit information when any particular visit is clicked on in the portal.

Currently, I have the portal button set up to Get Related Record using the Visits Table and the View Visits layout. I have tried different permutations of "showing only related records" and "Match current record only."

However, no matter how I configure the button, when I click any visit, it will successfully go to the correct layout but only show the LAST record shown in the portal. So if I have 5 visits, clicking the 3rd visit takes me to a layout in which the 5th visit data is shown.

Have I ill-defined the relationship? Or is there something that I'm missing? My impression was that if you clicked on any field in a given row, that Get Related Record would "get" that record.

Outcomes