3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2017 10:06 AM by wimdecorte

Hosted iOS SDK App

davidwollesen

What are the option for sharing and concurrently collaborate through an iOS SDK app? Is it possible to host it on FMS or would an option be to use the separation model with external data sources? Or is that not supported like it isn't in the framework of runtime?

Also, if an iOS SDK app only works with local storage, are there then any possibilities of backing up to iCloud or how does it work with data migration when updating the app?

Cheers.

• 1. Re: Hosted iOS SDK App
          wimdecorte

The iOS SDK requires you to bundle one file into the 'app'.  But that file can just be a launcher file that does nothing else than to open the hosted UI file.  And that hosted UI file can then have links to the hosted Data file if you want to keep to the separation model.

Think of the file that you bundle with the iOS app as just the launcher file that you use on the user's desktop to pull open any hosted solution.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Hosted iOS SDK App
            davidwollesen

Okay, thank you!

So far, that is great for in-house development.

What about if I was to upload an iOS SDK App to Apple's App Store? Then in theory, if I just submitted a launcher file, I would never have to send updates to the App Store? Or would Apple not accept that way of distribution? Then a solution would be to just have the UI file in the App Store, linking to a hosted Data file, right? Or is that then still limited by the license and max number of concurrent users on the iOS, which is 100? Or would it be possible to scale down to FMS 13 for "unlimited" concurrent SDK iOS connections?

My idea was to distribute an iOS SDK App on the App Store and then at first login have users register (applying password and username) and then by script adding that as a new user account - potentially, making the whole world able to contribute to the content of that App. (I know that adds extreme requirements to my server setup, I just want to know if it in theory is possible )

Again, thanks for any response

• 3. Re: Hosted iOS SDK App
              wimdecorte

davidwollesen wrote:

Then a solution would be to just have the UI file in the App Store, linking to a hosted Data file, right? Or is that then still limited by the license and max number of concurrent users on the iOS, which is 100?

Whether you use the iOS SDK or not does not change the max concurrent users on FMS.  You would still have the right # of licensed connections on FMS.

1 of 1 people found this helpful