JackRodges

Chromecast et al

Discussion created by JackRodges on Feb 11, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2017 by rouelf

A few years back I asked about using Chromecast and FileMaker without knowing that much about Chromecast, The responses weren't that heartening.

Now a few years later the facts have changed or been updated.

I found AirServer which costs a grand total of $15 and works on Macs and PCs and does all kinds of things. It works like Reflector and Parrot but doesn't have the iPhone or iPad silhouettes but it does a heck of a lot.

AirServer - The Most Advanced AirPlay, Miracast and Google Cast receiver for Mac, PC and Xbox One

Right out of the box or download it worked someting that didn't happen with the others but that may have been do to earlier software and maybe Apple updated IOS since the Airplay function worked without hiccuping this time.

My prime interest is in capturing my iPhone screen and making a video so even if the other stuff doesn't work, I'm happy. If I can take my laptop to a client or where ever and broadcast onto their 60 inch TV, OK...

I would love to have a USB stick that would connect the iPhone to the TV and maybe ROKU or somebody does this?

Anyway, check out Airplay. You can show your iPhone on your PC screen and I would imagine the TV...

Outcomes