AnsweredAssumed Answered

Daily Planner

Question asked by scottganderson on Feb 12, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 18, 2017 by BruceRobertson

Hello all.  I'm creating a database for an event company.  I have a table for events wherein each event is a single record containing a serial number field (number), a name field (text) and 3 date fields -- one field for the setup date called "InDate", one for the date the event takes place called "EventDate" and one for the date the equipment is loaded out called "OutDate".  I'm trying to create a sort of daily planner layout that shows the current date, events happening on the current date, as well as any events that may be setting up or loading out on that day. I'd also like to be able to click forward on the date field to show the same for upcoming dates.  I initially assumed that this type of report could be created using subsummary parts, but this doesn't yield the result I'm looking for.  It's like I need a layout with 3 different parts, each filtering the records according to a different criterion.  It seems like I could achieve this through the use of filtered portals, but this requires the portals to be created on a layout of a related table, and I simply don't have any other tables that I need to relate to the events table.  I thought about creating a related table called "Days" that would have fields for InDate, EventDate and OutDate, but it seems a little absurd.  It's entirely possible that I'm missing something basic or obvious, so I thought I would turn to the community for help.  Apologies if this is unclear.  Wondering if anyone out there has any insight or advice.  Happy to clarify any points of confusion.  Thank you.

Outcomes