3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2017 6:38 AM by aliabbassipro

Problem with show relation field (Show Set Field)

aliabbassipro

Hi.

I have a big problem on my project.

I have Add Track button under my portal when I press it script must give artist full name and go to song_list view and set the field on that table and show artist full name on that table. But I don't know why the full name didn't show?

please help me to fix this issue, I attach my project.

Thank you for helping <3.

spot.jpg

spot.jpg

• 1. Re: Problem with show relation field (Show Set Field)
          beverly

You layout is based on the "Songs" table occurrence and not the "Artist Songs" table occurrence. There is no direct relationship to see the Artist name. You can create one then that relationship would show the artist full name. However, the correct layout may need to be used to add a track, so that a song is also added to get the full name pushed through.

Your script:

Set Variable ( $ArtistID ; Artists::ID )

is correct because you are ON a layout with that artist when the script is called (from the button)

Set Variable ( $SongID ; Songs::ID )

is empty because there is no selected song to pass along

That is why you don't get the pass through to the artist full names.

• 2. Re: Problem with show relation field (Show Set Field)
            beverly

artist_songs.jpg

as an example to get the 'Full Name; to show on a 'Songs' layout where ONLY the 'id artist' is known and the  the song is not. Again, you have the incorrect layout for setting the "tracks".

• 3. Re: Problem with show relation field (Show Set Field)
              aliabbassipro

now I think I don't need to see artist name in my portal because the user can see the artist name on the left but, I want when I press add track button I have new portal row and when I write track name and exit that field, set that field to song table & artist song.

believe me, I know that is not your job, but I try many times to fix that issue but I can't.

So if you had a free time and if you can help me to help this hard part.

however, thank you for your reply.

thank you many times.