4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2017 9:22 AM by philmodjunk

Sort Portal

Kirk_1

I'm using FM 12 and working on IWP.

I have a portal that uses Id numbers to populate/create the relationship. I have a second TO that i use to populate the names in the portal rows.

I need to sort it. I can't sort it from the portal because its numbers.

I've checked the sort box in the second TO to sort, selected my criteria, but its not sorting.

I created a layout, have the IWP go to that layout, do a found set. In the desk top i get all 135 records.

In IWP i've set a script step to set a filed with get record number. Its finding all of the records.

but

it only displays 25 records in a list layout. I need it to be in a list because i have buttons on the field to perform other scripts.

So i either need to sort the protal or get it to display all of the records.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Sort Portal
          TSPigeon

kirk_1:

Thank you for your post!

I need to sort it. I can't sort it from the portal because its numbers.

I've checked the sort box in the second TO to sort, selected my criteria, but its not sorting.

I would think a Portal Sort should work for you. Do you mean that you setup the Portal to Sort and it isn't doing so?

For your list view inquiry, per the Instant Web Publishing Guide:

1 Web users can view only 25 records at a time in List View and only 50 records at a time in Table View. They must use the navigation controls in the status area to see additional records. FileMaker Pro users can see all records at one time in List View and Table View.

I'm also going to move this thread from the FileMaker Community Feedback Space, which is specifically for input on the Community itself, to the Discussions Space where you should receive more views and potentially more feedback on this topic!

TSPigeon

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Sort Portal
            philmodjunk

If you are trying to sort records by the name field and they don't sort correctly, go into manage database and check to see if you might have defined the field as a number field instead of as a text field.

• 3. Re: Sort Portal
              Kirk_1

Additional info...

Thank you Phil i checked after your post, its a txt field.

Its weird. There are 135 records in the "portal" or found set. It does not sort the top 40 or so then it does the remaing records perfectly.

I checked those fields in the original layout to see if there was a space or something different to make it sort weird. I could not find anything.

• 4. Re: Sort Portal
                philmodjunk

Maybe the index on that field is messed up.

You can go into manage | database | fields and turn the indexing off on this field. Exit manage database and then go back in and turn it back on to rebuild the index.