I have doubt in below the things about filemaker server.
1. Total concurrent users for a FMS.
2. Total concurrent users for single application which is hosted in FMS.
Need help on this.
1. Whatever you've paid for. You decide how many when you buy FMS.
2. Not applicable. FMS only knows how many concurrent connections there are to any and all files being served. FMS does not know what files are part of your 'Single Application'.
The FM terminology is "Solution". For example: FMP is an Application running your Solution. A solution can have one or many files. The "Solution" is the combination of Tables and relationships and scripts and layouts inside these files working together to perform a Function/job as required to "solve" one or more business requirement(s).
Thanks for your reply ch0c0halic. I'm clear on 2 question.
1. Currently i have FMS 15, and i pay the yearly maintenance cost. Additionally i need to pay for concurrent users?
How may users can hit the FMS at same time.
When you purchased FMS you designated how may concurrent users you wanted.
Use the Admin-Console to determine your concurrent limit. You can add more if you need them from within the Admin Console.
Use the "General Settings" - "Connection" tab.
The Yearly Maintenance cost does not change the number of concurrent users you purchased. If the next version of the FileMaker products comes out during your contract period you receive access to it automatically at no charge. You still have to download the installer.
Thanks for your help ch0c0halic.
Retrieving data ...