AnsweredAssumed Answered

FileMaker for User Connections Question / Observation

Question asked by deninger on Feb 16, 2017
Latest reply on May 22, 2017 by ndveitch

I have license keys for  FM 15 server (26 user connection). To date, I had not experimented with UC's because I have enough copies of FM 15 for my staff to use on their computers. I plan on leveraging my extra connections, though. So...

Question: where in the admin console can I see how many UC's are in use (or how can I monitor this). I only see an option to log when I reach 80% of my available user connection (the tab shows 26 available user connections)

Question: The FM for UC does not appear to require login-to the server, though it does ask to use a key the first time you connect. How is this supposed to work (limit my use of UC's to only 26 discreet accounts)?

Observation: I also have a FM 14 server (with 26 combined concurrent FM WebDirect and FM Go connections). I inadvertently connected to a DB hosted on a FM 14 server with the FM for UC client. This unexpectedly WORKED.

Question: has anyone else experimented with allowed connections with FM for UC on FM 14 server with concurrent connections? Is the user limit enforced (and by device or user?). Just curious.

Outcomes