AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filemaker Twitter Integration

Question asked by yashaac on Feb 17, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2017 by Philip_Jaffe

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

(Recently upgraded from an excel power user to a FM junior andhave been learning a lot from y'all - so cheers!)

So, I've got a question that I can't really find any previous posts or articles about.

I'm looking for a way to embed twitter timelines in to my solution, perhaps using a) Web Viewer, or b) scraping 20/30 latest tweets into a table?

Unfortunately so far no luck, attempt

a) doesn't work with my layouts as I'm unable to zoom and scroll automatically in the Web Viewer and

b) is a little beyond my knowledge as using GetLayoutObjectAttribute doesn't seem like a viable option to use on Twitter's HTML code. (To me anyway)

Ideally I'd like to have something simple and slick looking along the lines of the widgets that can be generated for websites. See: Embedded Timelines — Twitter Developers .

Although, admittedly I have very little knowledge about HTML, Web Viewer and FM to be honest so I won't be surprised if I'm laughed out of town and quickly told it's not possible.

I do find it interesting that I seem to be one of the few people who has even asked the question. I've never posted on a forum before, usually the questions have been already asked, even the dumb ones!!

Anyway, thanks for your time - any help appreciated.

Outcomes