5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2017 2:27 AM by BruceRobertson

Delete Portal Row

aliabbassipro

Hi.

I have a problem with delete portal row, when I delete the portal row I lose records on my other table!

please help me to solve this issue.

Thank You

User: admin

Password: Ali12

• 1. Re: Delete Portal Row
          PeterWindle

Normal behaviour of deleting a record from a portal row is that the related record in the related table also gets deleted.

If you want to do something like not showing the record in the list, but retain the record... then you could set a field in the related record upon "delete" and filter the portal not to show records with that field containing the value you set it to.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Delete Portal Row
            aliabbassipro

yes but if you see my project, when I remove one record on my songs list, I

lose that artist record too.

• 3. Re: Delete Portal Row
              PeterWindle

That's because the relationship from "Artists songs" to Artist has a Delete Related records in this table when a record is deleted in the other table

see attachment. If you are on the actual song list, in the songs table, it won't delete the artist record.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Delete Portal Row
                aliabbassipro

oh that's my mistake

Thank you

• 5. Re: Delete Portal Row
                  BruceRobertson

I agree about the need for aliabbassipro to get serious about training; and working directly with an experienced developer.

Time after time we see the same question asked. Or a file submitted, in which last week's functioning answer  is not included and the file once again shows script or structure failures that have been previously explained and fixed.

For instance: in this most recent file from aliabbassipro, cascading deletes are set wrong and deleting one record deletes every record from every table in the database.

Lessons that volunteers here have worked to provide are just not sticking.