2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2017 12:06 AM by JulioSandoval

Multi Page & Multi Table Report

JulioSandoval

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone has tried putting together a report that combines multiple layouts?

The tables I have are:

Inspection

FloorPlan

Observation

Observation Images

Elevation

Elevation Images

I created a layout for each table to look as it should when the report is printed. This layout is designed ready for printing (saved as pdf)

Inspection Report Layout

Observation Report Layout (Images are related so they are included in this layout)

FloorPlan Report Layout

I want FileMaker to take those layouts and combine them into one report.

Is this possible?

There are more layouts that I would use but I am trying to find the starting point.

Thank you all.

• 1. Re: Multi Page & Multi Table Report
          philmodjunk

If you are just printing hard copy, a script can go from layout to layout, find/sort/print and the results in your printer's out box can be a single report.

If you want a PDF, you can use Save as PDF with the append option enabled to append the output of each report into a single PDF.

If you need continuous page numbers from the first page of your report on the first layout to the last page on the last layout, this is also possible, but takes a bit of additional work in order to get the numbers right.

• 2. Re: Multi Page & Multi Table Report
            JulioSandoval

So I need to make a script to call each layout that relates to the Inspection, and append at each Save as PDF step?

I will try that first and get that to work properly.

Once I have that, I will need the page number counts, not to mention a Table of Contents.

Thanks Phil.