AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculation Field and Case Function

Question asked by LeiReg on Feb 19, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2017 by LeiReg

Hello,

I have to condense information into a list based on conditional information and I'm having issues with Case and List functions. I have 8 skills: Bartender, Captain, Culinary, Liaison, Manager, Promotional, Server, Specialty

These skills all have a rate and Team (A, B, C, D, New, Promo) assigned to them.

I need a calculation that identifies if the skills have an associated Rate and only if they have a rate then the result of "Abbreviated Skills-SkillTeam" is generated for all not empty rates..

I tried using every combination of skills:

Case (

Staff::RateBartender  > 0  and Staff::RateCapt > 0 and Staff::RateCulinary  > 0 and Staff::RateLiaison > 0 and Staff::RateMgr  > 0 and Staff::RatePromo > 0 and Staff::RateServer  > 0 and Staff::RateSpecialty > 0;

"BAR" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamBar & ", " & "CAPT" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamCapt & ", " & "CUL" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamCulinary & ", " & "LIAI" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamLiaison & ", " & "MGR" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamMgr & ", " & "PROMO" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamPromo & ", " & "SER" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamServer & ", " & "SPEC" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamSpecial;

Staff::RateBartender  > 0  and Staff::RateCapt > 0 and Staff::RateCulinary  > 0 and Staff::RateMgr  > 0 and Staff::RateLiaison > 0 and Staff::RatePromo > 0 and Staff::RateServer  > 0;

"BAR" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamBar & ", " & "CAPT" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamCapt & ", " & "CUL" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamCulinary & ", " & "LIAI" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamLiaison & ", " & "MGR" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamMgr & ", " & "PROMO" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamPromo & ", " & "SER" & "-" & Staff::RateTeamServer;

But actually ran out of room, which I didn't know was possible. Is there a better way to do this? This worked fine but it was a lot of work and as I said I actually ran out of room in the calculation writing in FileMaker. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes