4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 8:43 AM by TSGal

ODBC data source error

roadstar

We have an Umbraco based website and I am trying to add some of it's sql data tables to my relationship graph.  The sql database name contains a period and the ODBC Connection on the Windows FMS works ok.  I can't rename the Umbraco sql database.  Any suggestions?

Filemaker Server 15.0.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, MS SQL Server 2012

• 1. Re: ODBC data source error
          TSGal

roadstar:

Thank you for your post.

What is the exact error message?  What is the exact name of the SQL Server database?

What driver are you using?  It should be MS SQL Server Native Client 11.0.2270.0.

You mention "ODBC Connection on the Windows FMS works ok."   Is the error only occurring with FileMaker Pro?  Is the driver also on the FileMaker Pro computer?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: ODBC data source error
            roadstar

Thanks for the help...

The Filemaker Server v15 is running on Windows Server 2012 R2 and the ODBC driver installed on that server is the latest: Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server Version 13.00.0811.  I did also try with Version 12.00.5000.  Everything is 64 bit.  The SQL server is v2012 also running on Windows 2012 r2 x64.  Both windows machines are VM's on Hyper-V.

There are 2 other sql db's on the same server as the Umbraco db and connections to both of those have no issues at all but the database names do not contain a period.  In the ODBC connection the database is being specified so I am using a separate connection for each db being accessed. I can add the External Data Source in FMP with no error.  If I try and add a table, as soon as I select the data source I get this error:

If I do not specify the db name in the External Data Source setup, FM displays a list of tables from the db but I get the same error when I select a table. The db name is: TPCTrainco.Umbraco and I believe FM is reading it only up to the period so it is trying to use TPCTrainco as the db name...

• 3. Re: ODBC data source error
              TSGal

roadstar:

Thank you for the additional information.

I have sent both of your posts and screen shot of the error to our Development and Testing departments for review.  When I receive any feedback, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: ODBC data source error
                TSGal

roadstar:

Our Development and Testing departments are unable to replicate the issue.  Testing used SQLServer 2012 with FileMaker Server 15.0.1.  They used Microsoft ODBC Driver for SQL Server Version 13.00.0811, and the table is named dbo.TPCTrainco.Umbraco.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.