5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 8:30 AM by user25271

Printing Problem on Different Printers?

user25271

Two Windows-7 computers with 2 different Brother Printers.

A text field with more text than field length prints the first line on one printer (which we want) and first line plus the top part of the wrapped second line on the other printer which looks silly.

I made a separate layout for the second printer and added 2 pts of padding to push the text down enough so the partial second line does not show but this seems clumsy. Does anyone know a better way to control printer appearance?

• 1. Re: Printing Problem on Different Printers?
          philmodjunk

sounds like one or both printers are substituting a printer font and this might be a different font with different metrics--thus producing different printed results.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Printing Problem on Different Printers?
            user25271

good idea, thanks K. Bruce Brown 714 235 143016027 Brookhurst St #G-503Fountain Valley, CA 92708 

To: Bruce Brown <bbrown.manav@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 12:11 PM

Subject: Re:  - Printing Problem on Different Printers?

reply from philmodjunk in Discussions - View the full discussionsounds like one or both printers are substituting a printer font and this might be a different font with different metrics--thus producing different printed results.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Discussions by email or at FileMaker Community

Following Printing Problem on Different Printers? in these streams: Inbox

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2017 • Phoenix, Arizona • July 24-26 • www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon

• 3. Re: Printing Problem on Different Printers?
              user25271

I talked to Brother and neither printer has any font settings. The output appears to be interpreting the padding setting differently. If I add padding to move the position down so the second printers only prints the first line, the first printer then only prints the top half of the first line.

• 4. Re: Printing Problem on Different Printers?
                siplus

you should leave the padding alone and simply increase the leading (called line spacing by Filemaker).

• 5. Re: Printing Problem on Different Printers?
                  user25271

Good idea! That was my first thought but my UOM for the adjustment was too small (set to Lines) so it looked like it didn't work.I re-visited on your advice and switched to a high number of points and it worked.Thanks K. Bruce Brown 714 235 143016027 Brookhurst St #G-503Fountain Valley, CA 92708 

To: Bruce Brown <bbrown.manav@yahoo.com>

Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 8:00 AM

Subject: Re:  - Printing Problem on Different Printers?

reply from siplus in Discussions - View the full discussionyou should leave the padding alone and simply increase the leading (called line spacing by Filemaker).

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on FileMaker Community

Start a new discussion in Discussions by email or at FileMaker Community

Following Printing Problem on Different Printers? in these streams: Inbox

Manage your email preferences

FileMaker Developer Conference 2017 • Phoenix, Arizona • July 24-26 • www.filemaker.com/learning/devcon