6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 3:07 PM by beverly

sortering omkeren in filemaker pro 15

stefgrys

Probleem :

ik wil de volgorde van de records omkeren en dit permanent ; ttz "lock"

probleem na sorteren in omgekeerde volgorde is dat eens je nieuwe records toevoegt de omgekeerde sortering vervalt

anders gezegd

nu

record 3, 2, 1

ik wil dit omzetten in

record 1, 2, 3

en wel zo dat wanneer ik record 4, 5 toevoeg de volgorde van de eerste 1, 2, 3 . blijft en niet terug 3, 2, 1 wordt

Van harte dank voor elke hulp

Stefaan

• 1. Re: sortering omkeren in filemaker pro 15
          philmodjunk

The translated post via Google Translate:

Problem:
          I want to reverse the order of the records and the permanent; ie "lock" problem after sorting in reverse order is that once you add new records expire reverse sorting in other words now

record 3, 2, 1

I want to convert this into record 1, 2, 3 and so that when I record 4, 5 additive sequence of the first one, two, three. continues, and not back 3, 2, 1 being

Many thanks for any help

----

Unfortunately, I am not able to understand that. It may be how you asked the question or Google Translate may be failing to translate effectively.

Please provide an example of what you have and what you want to accomplish.

----

Helaas, ik ben niet in staat om te begrijpen dat. Het kan worden hoe je de vraag of Google Translate kan niet om effectief te vertalen.

Geef een voorbeeld van wat je hebt en wat je wilt bereiken.

• 2. Re: sortering omkeren in filemaker pro 15
            IT_User

Bing Translation:

Problem:

I want to reverse the order of the records and this permanent; TTZ  "lock" problem after sorting in reverse order is that once you add new records the reverse sorting expires

in other words

Right away

record 3, 2, 1

I want to convert this in

record 1, 2, 3

so that when I record 4, 5 append the order of the first 1, 2, 3. and not back 3, 2, 1 is

Many thanks for any help

==============

Basically, I'm assuming, trying to change FileMaker's default sort order (by creation timestamp) of the records.

There seems to be the problem when new records are added it somehow becomes unsorted.  I'm not sure how that happened.

• 3. Re: sortering omkeren in filemaker pro 15
              philmodjunk

You are trying to make FileMaker do what it is not designed to do. The unsorted order for records in a table is the order in which they are created. The only way to force a different order when the records are unsorted would be to export the records to a different table, delete the records from the current table, sort them the way you want in the other table and then import them back into the original table in this new order. That is not likely to work well if at all for you.

What you can do, is always sort your records on the value of a number field. This will require sorting the records at least once each time you open the file if it is hosted from FileMaker Server or FileMaker Cloud, but now you can change the value of this number field to specify a new order for the records.

• 4. Re: sortering omkeren in filemaker pro 15
                siplus

parla come mangi.

In other words, help us to help you by not adding another layer to your problem, represented by "use of a language spoken by few on the forum".

• 5. Re: sortering omkeren in filemaker pro 15
                  Menno

first of all: ask your questions in english here please, you are likely to get better answers then. Even as a native dutch speaker I had to read your post a couple of times, so that Bing and Google both made a not understandable translation, is understandable.

to your question: FileMaker stores all data in order of entry. You wish to make a sort order permanent. The only way to achieve that is to export the records sorted, delete the records and then import them again from the location you just before exported them to. Everytime you add records afterwards, you'd have to repeat that proces again.

It is a blunt and unsafe method that may work, but that is also very risky and not advisable in most cases. Maybe it works for you though.

kind regards, Menno

• 6. Re: sortering omkeren in filemaker pro 15
                    beverly

Menno, are there some help topics (in Dutch) that may further understanding by OP? Or other articles/blogs (which can often be translated into most languages).

Sent from miPhone