2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2017 5:05 AM by llamaassemblies

Connecting Filemaker with Thunderbird

llamaassemblies

So part of my Filemaker database has the functionality to email a Contact, based on the email provided in a certain field, when I click a button to send an email. The content most likely will be canned text that can be stated in a script.

However, my problem is that the user does wish for the ability to change information in their mail client, Thunderbird. This means that while the content initially came from Filemaker, the user is free to change who they are sending the email to or what the content of the email may be. It is necessary for this feature to be included.

As the user may change information, it becomes important to log the outputted info, including who it was sent to and the contents of said email. It is easy enough to log the original info, but of course that is not accurate since the user has the ability to change said info in Thunderbird.

So my question is, how do I log what is sent from Thunderbird and only do such when the user clicks the button for a particular script to run? I assume I may need a plug-in, but I am very inexperienced with plug-ins and could therefore use some help on what I would need to do in this instance.