petey

Custom Popup Values to Filter List View Records

Discussion created by petey on Feb 22, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 23, 2017 by petey

Hey! First post!

I've learned sooo much from this forum... You guys rock!

(Using FM 15 Pro Advanced on a Mac)

GOAL

Popup button that displays a custom list, which in turn sorts records in list view.

DATA

I have a table with fields for school dates ( Date ) , locations, prices, etc.

There is a data entry layout and a list view layout. In list view layout, the users will only want to see the current year's list of schools. There will be a date on every record, of course. For example:

2/2/2016

3/7/2016

6/6/2016

4/22/2017

5/28/2017

In list view, I want a popup in the header that just shows the years, with no duplicates:

Once the year is selected, I presume there will be a script trigger that sorts the records. That part I can probably do. But creating the custom list, without duplicates has been a nightmare. (I'm new, haha). I've come close.

I've tried:

1. Right ( Date ; 4) -----> but this just gives me one record with the first part of the date stripped, but not all related records.

2. List (Related::Date) ----->FM doesn't like the word "Related" and won't allow me to enter the calc. I must be missing something here!

3. Summary field set to list ( Date ), called sum_date  ------>This lists all records nicely. I created another calc field with: Right ( sum_date ; 4 ) ----> just shows one record.

4. Used a conditional formula on the sum_date: Right (Self ; 4). No go.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete

Outcomes