AnsweredAssumed Answered

Daily Log: Multiple Simultaneous Records

Question asked by shall9 on Feb 23, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2017 by philmodjunk

I am new to the community so please feel free to correct any misunderstandings that I may have about Filemaker. The project that I am working on right now is a Daily Log. What I am trying to do is record activities that occur during the day. The structure goes something like this:

• Date
    • Activity
      • Process
      • Quantity

I have set up a prototype of this database and it works pretty well for ONE activity at a time.

FMP Sinlge Record Concept iPhone.JPG

FMP Sinlge Record Concept Table.JPG

You choose the date. It will probably be the DAY OF ENTRY. Then choose the Activity from a drop down associated with another table (Column in this case) then Process (Fab Cages), you hit start to put a timestamp in the table of the start time, then stop when it's complete.

This is my issue, there are multiple activities occurring simultaneously. I want to be able to have multiple activities tracked. Start them, end them, then commit all of the records to the database with a "Submit" button or something. Is this something that can be done?

FMP Multiple Records Concept.JPG

Something like this...I also attempted to do it with a portal.... I know that portals are for reading data so this might not be the solution.

Thanks,

Shall9

Outcomes