2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2017 4:33 PM by BMyers

Reorder Portal Lines ( not sorting)

user28271

I have two tables.

PO Header

PO Lines

User enter items for PO in line in a portal in the PO Header.  Nice and basic.

But sometimes a user want to reorder the lines. 

What I do is I assign each line a number (in tens).  Line one is 10, line two 20, and so on.  The portal is set to sort by this field.

If they want to reorder I give them access to that field and they can adjust this number. Such as change line 30 to line 15.   A through back to my old Computer Days (1980s).

I am thinking of writing a routine with up and down arrows on each line.

Before I embark I was curious if anyone has done this before and has comments, advise,  or even a canned solution I can buy.

• 1. Re: Reorder Portal Lines ( not sorting)
          philmodjunk

GetNthRecord is a function that can be used to access a field from another record in the same portal. I've used a simple calculation to move a record up one row in the portal:

Set Field [ YourPortal::SortField ;

Let ( [ R = Get ( RecordNumber ) ; // position of current portal row

R1 = If ( R > 2 ; GetNthRecord ( YourPortal::SortField ; R - 2 ) ;

R2 = If ( R > 1 ; GetNthRecord ( YourPortal::SortField ; R - 1 ) ] ;

(R1 + R2 ) / 2

) // Let

]

Commit Records

After re-ordering you can either use a looping script to renumber them to make the numbers pretty or you can use Go To Related Records to pull up a found set and renumber them with the Replace Field Contents script step.

• 2. Re: Reorder Portal Lines ( not sorting)
            BMyers

Yes, someone has a demo on this.  Check out Delfs Engineering "Better DragSort Module"

Here is a video: Better Portal Drag Sorting - ISO FileMaker Magazine

1 of 1 people found this helpful