10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2017 5:38 AM by monkeybreadsoftware

Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15

m.richards

Opening a Popover window which has one Container field which is stored internally and is a 1 or 2 page PDF doc often quits FM Pro Adv 15, why?

After restarting FM the popover can usually be opened but it may take several attempts so I am now using the approach below.

The Popover is activated from within a Portal row.

No other issues with the FM data file or my Mac Mini, latest version 15.0.3.305 Single user file.

I am now displaying the container field in a new window and simple layout by opening and closing it with simple button scripts. This approach is stable.

• 1. Re: Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15
          TSGal

m.richards:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue.  I have a portal that contains a Popover button, that expands to show a Container field from the related table, and the contents are the three PDFs that come with FileMaker Pro 15.  Please see the enclosed file to see what I may be doing differently than you.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 8.50.20 AM.png

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15
            m.richards

Thanks. Yes I am trying to do the same as your file but mine has more tables, relationships and records and clicking on the portal row popover is the only action which frequently unexpectedly quits FM hence I am using a different approach for the time being which is acceptable to me.

Opening a popover outside the portal does not cause a quit.

Other portal popovers displaying edit fields work fine.

• 3. Re: Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15
              TSGal

m.richards:

If you are crashing, please post the crash report up to and including the crashed thread.  This will let me know what part of FileMaker Pro is crashing.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15
                Benjamin Fehr

you can also open Apple 'Activity Monitor' and try to spot some unusual CPU or Memory activity when forcing a crash.

What is the Data-Model for this associated PDF? Since you have 1 Table with your Layout AND 1 Portal on it AND maybe another relation from the portal's TO to the PDF, there's at least 2 hops from core table to PDF?

• 5. Re: Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15
                  m.richards

The Portal is a filtered self relationship with the Layout Table (below) and the PDF is in a Container field within the layout Table.

The primary Table "Trans" has multiple relationships with other unique Tables and self joins

The test file sent by TS is the same data model that I have apart from the number of Tables, Fields, Records and relationships.

Popover Table.png.

• 6. Re: Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15
                    m.richards

In my data model the portal is a filtered self join of the Layout Table see below.

and the PDF is in a Container field in the primary Table "Trans".

Table "Trans" has several other self joins and multiple relationships to other unique Tables in the same single data file.

Is that enough of a difference compared to your test file?

Also I usually have open another different independant FM data base file at the same time.

I have sent several of the crash reports to Apple in the last couple of days via the FM auto reporting process which opens after a crash.

And of course it does not want to crash right now when either only one data file is open or both files.

I will post the crash file next time.

Popover Table.png

• 7. Re: Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15
                      m.richards

Latest Crash

Process:           FileMaker Pro [12577]
                      Path:              /Applications/FileMaker Pro 15 Advanced/FileMaker Pro Advanced.app/Contents/MacOS/FileMaker Pro
                      Identifier:        com.filemaker.client.advanced12
                      Version:           15.0.3 (15.0.3)
                      Code Type:         X86-64 (Native)
                      Parent Process:    ??? [1]
                      Responsible:       FileMaker Pro [12577]
                      User ID:           501

Date/Time:         2017-02-25 16:11:26.214 +0800
                      OS Version:        Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G1217)
                      Report Version:    11
                      Anonymous UUID:    445EE6BB-DA72-7FC9-439C-58B613148C95

Sleep/Wake UUID:   48E06A63-55B0-4552-A2CE-396D1E8DD678

Time Awake Since Boot: 1000000 seconds

Time Since Wake:   1200 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:    0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:    EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
                      Exception Codes:   KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000001187e8000
                      Exception Note:    EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

VM Regions Near 0x1187e8000:

CG raster data     00000001187b2000-00000001187c9000 [   92K] r--/r-- SM=COW 

-->

CoreAnimation      0000000118807000-000000011880b000 [   16K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV 

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   libsystem_platform.dylib 0x00007fff8f3fa304 _platform_memmove$VARIANT$Merom + 228
                      1   com.apple.CoreGraphics   0x00007fff8a5460ba __CGPixelAccessDataInitialize + 684
                      2   com.apple.CoreGraphics   0x00007fff8a8b81ff __CGPixelAccessAccessBitmapData + 984

Is this sufficient?

• 8. Re: Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15
                        Benjamin Fehr

Slim and simple. Should not be the cause for a crash.

• 9. Re: Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15
                          TSGal

m.richards:

The three lines of the crashed thread doesn't even mention FileMaker Pro.  Two of the lines are CoreGraphics, when Apple is trying to draw information.  Does this crash occur on a specific layout?  If so, duplicate the layout, remove any graphic objects, and see if you are able to make it crash.  If so, post only the crashed thread.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: Opening a Popover quits FM Pro Adv 15
                            monkeybreadsoftware

Could you provide the whole file as download?

Maybe we see more there.