- use text fields to show leading '0', not number fields
- in the custom dialog, have a global field where the user types in his/her numbers (text-field..)
- the correct number is stored in a normal field (text)
UserNumber (text, global)
if ( CorrectNumber = UserNumber)
do something, entered number corrrect
show message, entered number false
depends on Your needs, a global field is per user and per session, has its value for all records.
- globals must be set or at least controlled
- normal fields are per record, make sure, You're in the desired record..
If this ist for checking, use global fields, CorrectNumber could be also from a global table or whatever