fmpdude

CloudBleed and FileMaker

Discussion created by fmpdude on Feb 25, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2017 by philmodjunk

Looking at the full (22 MB) data file (4,303,677 rows in the file I downloaded) for the latest huge Internet bug, CloudFlare, which you can read about here: Cloudflare Leak Exposed Data From Millions of Websites | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

I found three entries with "FileMaker" in that list:

• filemaker-blankshyri.tk
  • wordpressfilemakersolutions.com
  • wufilemaker.com

Worthwhile to see if any sites you use were affected.

Searching for "1Password", a popular password program mentioned in the PC Magazine article (1Password says not a problem), I found these entries in the file:

• 01password.com
  • 1password.com
  • dashlane-to-1password.com

---

Performance results:

(MySQL imported the 4M+ row file in 20 seconds, FileMaker: Approx 2 minutes)

Queries:

MySQL Performance of a simple LIKE query to search file: 1.5 seconds per query.

FileMaker Performance:

• Using FMP native Find (no LIKE query): Query also runs in about 1.5 seconds!
  • In FMP SQL - using LIKE in SQL (in Data Viewer): 38 seconds (best of several trials).

ExecuteSQL ( "Select thedomain from cloudbleed where thedomain like '%1password%'" ; "" ; "")

Trying the same query in a remote JDBC console (to get any useful information) with the FileMaker DB gave me, well, I gave up after 2 minutes waiting on the query.

And, FMP was hogging the CPU terribly for this query from the JDBC console, anyway:

Thanks very much kramis for your kind and helpful reply.

--

As others have noted, having to force-quit FMP with the Data Viewer open, removes all your watch expressions (I now always keep a spare plist file, backed up daily for this ridiculous-should-not-still-be-happening issue). I would have hoped by now, FMI would have REFACTORED (debugged) FMP to externalize file data (such as watch expressions), currently in the volatile plist, that get overwritten to a separate file. Come on guys...

Outcomes