2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 9:17 PM by vttillinghast

External Data Source Database Disappears (not even in trash) After Calling It to Run Script

vttillinghast

I have a syncing solution for a distributed data entry database. I'm using a helper database to conduct this syncing between the Filemaker GO instances and a master file up on a Filemaker Server.

I ran into a very odd phenomenon. When I run the sync, before it even completes, the helper database is deleted. It doesn't appear in my trash, or anywhere else on the hard drive. However, when I use the debugger to go through it step by step, it works perfectly.

Yes, I am completely sober as I write this. Has anyone ever heard of this sort of thing happening? Suspecting some form of corruption, I rebuild the helper database from a very old copy, but that is doing the same thing.

There have been a few times in the last year when I noticed the debugging process caused different behavior than when a script ran without the debugger. I find that alone very puzzling, never mind the self-deleting file.