5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 6:43 AM by beverly

MySQL Stored procedures

surf-n-turf

I recently upgraded my desktop FileMaker to v15.  It connects to a remote MySQL server so several of us can access the same data.  While I can search and update the data, I am not able to fire off a stored procedure.  It will prompt me that "The account and password entered can not be used to access this file."  ????  Upgraded my Actual db driver to version 4 and checked all the supported documents.  I must log onto SQL workbench to run the stored procedures.  Any clues would be helpful.

• 1. Re: MySQL Stored procedures
          nicolai

Check the Access Privileges in MYSQL for the user which runs procedure. You can specify user to read and even update the records, but restrict this user from running stored procedures.

Are you using ESS for accessing data and run Execute SQL or Import from ODBC source? ESS user and ODBC user could have different username and passwords - they are specified in different places.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: MySQL Stored procedures
            surf-n-turf

I am accessing data and running Execute SQL from FM.  ODBC user id has admin rights which includes executing stored procedures.  Not sure about ESS user.  Database management panel just points to the ODBC DSN as the table source.  This FM solution was built using v13 and it used to work fine before I upgraded to v15.  Documentation on any changes between the versions is limited.  Tried looking for ODBC admin tool in FM to refresh connections and didn't find it.

• 3. Re: MySQL Stored procedures
              nicolai
              ODBC user id has admin rights

Are you checking Admin rights in FileMaker or MYSQL? They are two different things - Full Access in FileMaker does not give you ALL privileges in MYSQL

I am accessing data and running Execute SQL from FM

Database management panel just points to the ODBC DSN as the table source

It does look like you use ESS, but since the problem is running the SP through ODBC, you can ignore it.

This FM solution was built using v13 and it used to work fine before I upgraded to v15.

As far as I know, there weren't any dramatic changes or bug reports what ODBC Execute SQL stopped working. Most probably the problem is in the changes made on the SQL side.

Tried looking for ODBC admin tool in FM to refresh connections and didn't find it

There is none. There is your "Execute SQL" script step, which will connect every time you use it. The connection is not permanent.

You can try to test your user with ODBC DSN in the system ODBC Manager.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: MySQL Stored procedures
                surf-n-turf

Found the problem. 

The button object does a one-step action to fire off a stored procedure.  Normally this is done with the dialog off.  When you turn on the dialog, it will ask you for the login credentials for the remote database.  Some how by upgrading to v15, this saved info is lost.  That is why it was so confusing that I was able to access data in the layout forms but not send a command.  Now on to the next problem.

• 5. Re: MySQL Stored procedures
                  beverly

Thank you for the update!!

beverly