4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 10:34 AM by megacop

Weighing scale demo

lavendt

For anyone interested in integrating weighing scales with your FileMaker app, either with FileMaker Pro or FileMaker GO.

Just shot this short video.

Weighing scale demo | The Brain Basket

• 1. Re: Weighing scale demo
          dale_allyn

Thanks for sharing, Claus. I have two applications which will be adding integrated weighing soon (one for laboratory, one for mercantile business), so this is nicely timed. I was going to start researching options, plugins, etc., and you've done part of it for me. 

• 2. Re: Weighing scale demo
            Magnus Fransson

Hi Claus,

I do like the idea of communicating between external hardware and FileMaker. And I love to see a comparison between different plugins that can use a serial port. For instance the MBS FileMaker plugin vs. Troi Serial.

With best regards Magnus Fransson.

• 3. Re: Weighing scale demo
              lavendt

We have been working with Troi plugins for around 20 years and have found them to be the most stable and rock solid plugins on the market.

I have not tested the serial functions of the MBS plugin, so I can't tell you the difference.

But for 10-15 years, I have used the Troi Serial plugin for a number of integrations and it has worked great all the times - and it is easy to work with.

This video was a challenge that Richard Carlton gave me, to show it in 5 min. I failed and spent 9 min. but also explains a few more stuff.

• 4. Re: Weighing scale demo
                megacop

Thank you for these much needed contributions to our development as Filemaker programmers.