2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 2:41 PM by jacksrmd

best way to bring a form and table in from another fp12

mrmulti

I am porting a solution to FM 15 from access.   The solution has an inventory of sculptures and a contact list.   I like the canned contact solution better and want to include it in the main solution.  In access i can import forms, macros, reports, tables easily.  How would i bring this contact form & table over from the sample fmp12 file to use in my solution?

• 1. Re: best way to bring a form and table in from another fp12
          SteveMartino

If you have advanced, you can copy the whole table and drop it into the new solution.  Do that first.  Then import all the associated scripts.

For layouts, in the new solution make a new layout the same size (slightly bigger helps at first).  Then in the old solution, on the layout, in layout mode...Select All, Copy.  Go back to the new layout in the new solutions, in layout mode...Paste.

This is just the basics.  You may have to reconnect script triggers/layout triggers.  And you'll want to change all the objects to match the layout style (just google 'FileMaker Custom Themes').

It's unfortunately mostly a manual process.  And if you don't have FileMaker Advanced, this is definitely one of the reasons you'll wish you had

• 2. Re: best way to bring a form and table in from another fp12
            jacksrmd

1) Yes, it's easy to import tables, forms, macros, reports from ACCESS to ACCESS.

2)  But you can't easily do what you are doing from ACCESS to FMP.

3)  Although SteveMartino's reply may seem tedious and/or daunting, it does ANSWER your question and it's the BEST solution.