6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 6:29 PM by user19752

Hide graphic function

GeertThijs

Hi,

Problem is this: in the privilege-set (1) I need the menu-commands set "All" because otherwise in  Search-modus, the commands are grey and cannot be used (2). But then clicking with right-mouse in just a field gives the option to make a graphic (3) is shown and I definitely don't want this.

Has anyone a idea? (Sorry the pics are in Dutch.)

Thanks, Geert

(1)

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-02 om 20.26.01.png

(2)

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-02 om 20.38.15.png

(3)

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-02 om 15.25.08.png

• 1. Re: Hide graphic function
          siplus

options in right mouse clicks are not perfectly controllable via privileges.

You can limit the commands to edit only and install a menu created by you with custom choices.

Leaving commands to all just because of find menu is not a good idea.

The whole principle is to obfuscate normal program functionality by replacing it with an altered functionality built by you. If you know how to do it, do it. If not, be more specific.

• 2. Re: Hide graphic function
            GeertThijs

Hi Siplus,

Sure, that's what I tried. I made a custom edit-menu (see pic) without the graphic command. But is pops-up anyway when clicking with the right mouse.

What am I doing wrong?

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-02 om 22.06.13.png

• 3. Re: Hide graphic function
              philmodjunk

I don't see an "Graphic" or "Grafiek" menu option in your last screen shot.

Maybe it's just the difference in languages, but I can't find any equivalent to that popping up when I right click a field. I right clicked both a text and a container field to see what currently pops up in FileMaker 15 and nothing seems to be an English language equivalent of that menu option.

This was in Windows in a test file with no security of any kind beyond the standard default settings specified and with a standard menu set.

• 4. Re: Hide graphic function
                siplus

I think he's bothered by the "Chart by..." menu choice, which is probably translated with "Grafiek..."

• 5. Re: Hide graphic function
                  GeertThijs

Yes, I meant the "Chart by...". Sorry for not having looked for the right translation.

And in my custom-menu, I didn't choose this one (1). It seems a kind of standard. Just like when you're in search mode and then by clicking you're right-mouse in a field, there comes an option "Operators" (2)

(1) custom-menu

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-02 om 22.43.35.png

(2) when in search-mode

Schermafbeelding 2017-03-02 om 22.43.10.png

• 6. Re: Hide graphic function
                    user19752

I tried denying print from "data entry only" plivilege set, but the menu keep appear, and the "Chart setup" dialog have nothing to do. only defining chart