AnsweredAssumed Answered

Modifying Portal Records

Question asked by llamaassemblies on Mar 2, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 by llamaassemblies

When the user attempts to modify a Portal Record, it would be nice if a confirmation box came up to confirm this action. If they chose yes the record is changed, otherwise it is reverted. The problem with this of course is that the dialog would need to trigger on an OnObject Modify, where the record data has already been altered. Revert Record does nothing because it affects the main record, not the portal, and Undo does not seem to help the situation. If the situation is textual, it makes sense to simply have a OnObject Enter that captures the older information. However, many of my fields are drag/drop based with the focus being on inserting files into various portals. This means OnObject Enters are not detected. The only assumption I can make is that I will need a calculation field storing the data from the first record, but I can see this becoming bloated over time as you are essentially having twice the amount of data for this situation. Is there a more efficient manner to tackle this problem?

Outcomes