AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hierarchical Conditional Value Lists

Question asked by ChristofferRexen_1 on Mar 2, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 by philmodjunk

Hello everyone

I am in desperate need of help, since I've been buggering over this for quite some time now, and can't seem to solve it self.

I am working on a dynamic Hierarchical Conditional Value Lists, which is adaptive to changes from the records which is to be put in the VL.

Now I've been looking at philmodjunk, Adventures In FileMaking #1 Exploring Conditional Value Lists, and got a lot smart, but not further my goal.

I have 2 tables.

"Customer", in which I have made an Infinity Hierarchy to keep the number of tables to a minimum and everything in one place.

- Se attached image.

"User", in which every person is registeret and linked up with an ID to the desired department.

I want the Value List to be used in every instance of my Database, without making too many new table occurrences, so no matter in which table relation the client is located, the value list works.

The idea, like in "Adventures In FileMaking" I thought in which the client first choses the Customer > Then choses Department, in which the VL only lists related Departments to Customer > Then choses desired User, in which the VL only lists related Employees to Department.

I gotta say, this is a headache and I find it much more complicated then it just seemed to be.

- See attached image, from relationship graph -- can / could anyone poke me in the right direction?

TY

Regards

Christoffer

Outcomes