2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2017 9:07 AM by philmodjunk

Report with 2 different payment sources

tcr

Hi everyone.

We've been making a database to keep track of project income and where those payment sources are from. So far we've in-putted nearly 10 years worth of sales and are at a stage where we want to start asking some more detailed questions.

I've created a report in which I can search for individual projects, and sub projects, along with 1 of those payment sources and it tells me the sum total of all of those payment sources for that project. I've also got it to show me a list of each payment and which invoice it links to inc date.

As each project has at least 2 payment sources, is there a way of seeing in a report how much the sum total for each payment source is? Ideally, we'd search for 'Project A' and we'll end up with as many columns as there are income sources, a total income tally for each source, and a list of what income was which invoice and date.

Thanks!

TCR

• 1. Re: Report with 2 different payment sources
          globe11123

You could use sub-summaries to show all the payment sources for the Projects.

Example

Include all of your Project information in the top-part sub-summary sorted by your project primary key.

Your second sub-summary would be used to put your payment source information in sorted by how ever it relates to the project.

• 2. Re: Report with 2 different payment sources
            philmodjunk

A summary report with sub summaries is the simplest to set up. If you really want these totals in columns on your report, it will take quite a bit more work on your part.

That type of report is usually called a 'cross tab' report. There are several different ways to create one in FileMaker using very different approaches. Most, however, have a fixed number of columns. The only option, short of exporting the data to another application, that i recall supports a variable number of columns (for a variable number of sources), would be to use the data to build an HTML table viewed in a WebViewer. If that's an approach that seems worth pursuing, you can search on "cross tab" in this forum and find posts that describe this method.