2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 2:43 PM by antidote

Play Audio Sound on iPad Slow

antidote

On the iPad.  I need to play a beep while people are inputting data.  If I use the Beep script step.  It is not loud enough.  So I want to use the Audio file in a container field.  I placed a .wav file that is 84K.  I place it into a global container field.  However, when you initiate the call to play using AVPlayer, it takes about 2 seconds to load and another sec to start playing.  It is way to slow.  I need to play right away.  Any suggestions?

Tim

• 1. Re: Play Audio Sound on iPad Slow
          Jaymo

Do you mean a beep every time someone types a character? I'm not sure there is anything to be done about the speed but if you describe why you want to do this, there might be an alternative solution.

• 2. Re: Play Audio Sound on iPad Slow
            antidote

It is a lab.  So they are looking at a screen and counting. Once they get to a 100 we want an audible beep, so they know where they are.  The iOS beep (FM Script step "BEEP") is to soft even with the volume all the way up.  So we tried an audio file.  That is way to slow, but can be loud.  They are at count 108 by the time it sounds.

Thanks.

Tim