I only downloaded version 1.2, and I'm already excited about this meeting.
I also download the sample file as Eric did, and it's amazing, all the samples included. I know how much work and time I've invested in just with google maps, and your file has several other tools.
Thanks for providing.
I just downloaded today so I got the 2.0 file.
Thanks JB! and the DigFM crowd is awesome. Tell them I said Hi
From Jeremy for today:
Here’s the plan.
- I’m going to walk thru the web viewer library. Along our way, we’ll identify best practices. There’s a place in the database for those best practices to be recorded.
- In the workshop format, I plan to demonstrate something, such as manipulating an integration. I’ll ask people to do the same in their copy of the file, and then I’ll give them some time to do their own manipulation. We’ll do the same for the exporting and the setting up of a new integration.
- I’ve got some documentation on a few aspects of this file: 1. Languages of the web, a PDF of the HTML/CSS/JS I used in this file ; 2. A 4-page document on steps to set up a new integration (I have 3 choices for the attendees to set up in their system), and 3: a pre and post assessment, simply getting the feeling of the crowd before and after we start about what will be/was presented. I’ll print these out and bring them to the meeting.
- After each round of work, we’ll come together and discuss what we did; I expect a good discussion on best practices, techniques, etc.
- I also have some slides to walk thru–concepts of this file’s setup, pros and cons of using a web viewer, etc.
It should be a fun-filled and busy night
1 of 1 people found this helpful
The file is very well documented, but here are some of my notes anyway.
Pros: things FM doesn't do, or in ways it can't do
Cons: requires another language; dev time, Pro/Go only, more Mac friendly than Windows, not so easily WebDirect (except by Mike Duncan; this one maybe?: Display Complex Web Viewers in WebDirect - Soliant Consulting )
Makes table fields for separate HTML/web files.
Merge fields calculated.
Store code locally as opposed to server.
Separate library files into separate fields.
In demo file, can duplicate an HTML record and modify copy.
Workshop 1 on Card Flip. See script: GatherDataForCardFlip
Documentation tab per integration:
Where is this file?
I'd like to see a demo file.
Click on the link in the original post, which will take you to soliantconsulting.com Scroll to the bottom and click on the button "See All Blog Posts" then go to blogs dated Dec 2016. Enter your email address then a link will be sent to you.
Here's the most updated link. There are 5 blog posts and five videos explaining how to use the free /open library.
Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>