1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 6, 2017 11:55 PM by Orlando

pdf form web viewer not scrolling

sivagurS

I have a Web Viewer which renders different documents eg. Pdf, jpeg etc in FM Go 15.

It renders perfectly in FM Pro. But in FM Go, when there is more than 1 page in the pdf file, it doesn't scroll to show the whole document - only the first page is shown, when I try to scroll the whole Web Viewer moves up and down as opposed to the PDF form within the Web Viewer.

But it scrolls alright if I tap on the web viewer two or three times, I understand its got something to do with the zoom level, hence set the zoom level to a few different values, but that doesn't make any difference.

The requirement is to view the documents, Print them if they want and then go back to the original layout.

What would be the ideal zoom level for  a document in a web viewer in FM Go, for the document to scroll properly

Thanks

Seetha

• 1. Re: pdf form web viewer not scrolling
          Orlando

Hi Seetha,

With FileMaker Go I find it best to Set the zoom level at 100% and lock the ability to change, this stops the whole screen moving around. And you can have a script to set the lock off when you want the ability to pinch and zoom if part of your app.

Also set the layout size to not be bigger than the device's smallest screen size if you can, and use the anchors to expand the layout objects, this also help reduce scrolling.

Specifically with the Web Viewer you need to set the focus to this when you loading the record, so having a script run via a trigger should achieve this, see if running the script step Set Web Viewer [Object Name: “NAME”; Action Reload], or Go To Object [Object Name: “NAME”] works the way you want it to, it should bring the Web Viewer into focus ready for the user to scroll straight away.

I hope this helps

-- Orlando