AnsweredAssumed Answered

IIS vs FileMaker SSL Certificate Installation

Question asked by roarkh on Mar 7, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 by roarkh

I am in the process of setting up a new FileMaker Server 15 on a Windows 2012 R2 Server, at this point it is set up and working fine with the SSL Certificate that FileMaker uses for testing purposes.  The server I installed FileMaker Server on was previously used as a web server but before installing FileMaker Server I deleted and reinstalled IIS in order to bring IIS back to a factory fresh state. At that time I reinstalled our SSL certificate into IIS before installing FileMaker Server (I think that may have been a mistake). During the FileMaker Server install I discovered that I needed to have ports 80 and 443 open so I ended up configuring the IIS default website to only accept connections on port 4443 which has been working fine using our GoDaddy SSL certificate. After the FileMaker installation I see that I now have two server certificates listed in IIS, the one I had already installed previously, and the new "FMI Default Certificate". 

Now for my question. Is there any way I can simply tell FileMaker to use the certificate I already have set up in IIS? (I'm guessing the answer is no.)

If the answer is no, and I want to access the FileMaker Server website under the same server name as my other certificate then I'm guessing the steps will be something like this, but I just wanted to make sure...

1. Uninstall our current GoDaddy certificate from IIS entirely

2. Create a new Certificate Request in the FileMaker Server console

3. Rekey my certificate at GoDaddy using the Certificate request I created in step 2

4. Import the certificate into the FileMaker console

Is that all I need to do?

Outcomes