2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 10:24 AM by philmodjunk

Payroll set up.

waynemartin

I have an employee table and have an hrs table. Employees create daily time records in the hrs table (every day is a separate record).

I do weekly payroll and I want to be able to create a payroll record for each employee that includes a list of the days he has worked in that week.

This is probably pretty easy but I'm at loss to know how to go about this, I know I will need a payroll table but how do I get the records for an employee from the hrs table into a new record in the payroll table? Using a portal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Payroll set up.
          coherentkris

If i was you i would google payroll system and do some research what others have done.

In the end you will probably need way more than employees and hours.

• 2. Re: Payroll set up.
            philmodjunk

To answer the specific question, you can create a calculation field that uses the date on the time card record to calculate a date for the first day of the same week. The following assumes Sunday as the first day of the week:

Date - DayOfWeek ( Date ) + 1

You can then sort by this field to group the records by week in a summary report or use a relationship or filtered portal to show only those records for  specific week.