jbiquez

FileMaker and Infinite Peripherals barcode/card readers.

Discussion created by jbiquez on Mar 13, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 by jbiquez

Hello.

I have been playing a few days with the Infinite Peripherals barcode/card readers . They are very good products in case you need to integrate a card reader to an iPad/Iphone and integrate it with FileMaker.

I have some questions to those already using them.

- Did you got some other documentation besides the FileMaker demos file and the 19 pages pdf with screen and sample of the basic commands? All those samples are only for calling the scanner using the iLinea App with the URL method.

I have contacted the company but the commercial people insist that the only documentation is for developing solutions using Swift and Objective C. The first time I mentioned FileMaker that person said she did not know what I was talking about.

For What I have been testing the combination of the hardware and FileMaker it is a very good solution.

I would like to know if it is possible to get the other set of commands , if available, that could be called from a FileMaker script.

The iLinea and the IPCSupport apps do not let you activate some other parameters.
As an example I would like to be able to tell the reader to use the scan button only when you are ready to scan. Or at least set the timeout to a bigger value since if you do not scan fast enough the return script cuts the communication and you have to sign again in the FileMaker file.

If you can share your experience and maybe some extra information I really will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for the time.

JB

Outcomes