2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 11:30 AM by mbeck65

File protected problems on Filemaker 15

mbeck65

Hello everybody,

I'm living a puzzling behaviour on my environment and I need your help...

My sw infrastructure is based on a FM Server 15 (MAC OS), 3 FM Pro Advanced clients for development (2 MAC OS and 1 Windows 7) and 10 clients (Ubuntu) that use applications through FM WebDirect.

I've just developed a new application that needs to share 2 databases already on the server but I've a problem with the file protection policy: it seems that I'm not able to authorize permanently the access to the 2 db because every time the system is asking a user and the related password to access these files...

I never had this kind of problem and I don't understand why it appears: in your opinion, could it be caused by the upgrade to the new version 15 of my environment? Until I stayed with vers. 14 I didn't saw something similar...

Let me know if you have ideas because I'm finishing them...

Thanks in advance for your support

Max

• 1. Re: File protected problems on Filemaker 15
          mikebeargie

It appears because you don't have a user/password that matches in both files.

It could also appear if you have the "require full access" checkbox checked under:

File > Manage > Security > File Access

in one of the other files, and the users using the system do not have Full Access privileges in that file.

• 2. Re: File protected problems on Filemaker 15
            mbeck65

Hello Mike,

you're right: actually I'm respecting both the requirements you said, I mean same usr/pwd and users with full access privileges but... I've understood that 1 of the db that I'm trying to share has problems... I didn't yet understood what kind of problem but of course some problem :-)...

In any case, thanks for your support

Max