AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculation problems on iPad Pro/Go 15

Question asked by andypieman on Mar 14, 2017
Latest reply on May 31, 2017 by sfpx

I have quite a complex system running on iPads, both syncing and writing directly to FM server. This has been in development for over 5 years now and is currently on over 20 iPads 'in the field'. I have recently upgraded the system to Go15 and put it on iPad Pros. I am now inundated with  calls from system users over little errors with the running of the system.

I have traced most of the problems to fields not getting calculated or written. Some of these are as simple as take FieldA (number), add 1, and write back to FieldA. Another didn't fire a script when there were 4 chars in a field. This is a process that must happen hundreds of times a day across all the iPads, and this single fail caused major knock-on problems. These error are all very very intermittent, but with such as complex system I'm getting a call a day with some bizarre problem that when traced comes down to a script step not writing or calculating a much required value, and it's always when it's been run on the iPad.

Today I've been troubleshooting a problem with a part of the system where the iPad write directly to the server. This section was designed 4 years ago and had no errors while running on iPad Air under Go13. Today I've had to fix 3 different 'miswrites' that came from the iPads. The new system has only been out for 3 weeks. I know this isn't a general problem as 95% of the other calculations/writes have been ok on this section of the system.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem or am I just slowly going mad?

Outcomes