Have you tried File>Manage>Containers?
Yes ... that's where I've tried using the Transfer Data option and adding another file path.
It's possible I don not have a proper base directory file path. The original is ... [hosted location] / Docs. That created a new folder for container management for the renamed database file ... RC_Date_FMS / NewFileName / Docs.
I've added another base directory file path ... [hosted location] / RC_Data_FMS / NewFileName / Docs. It had no effect on reestablishing the link to the old container files.
Now I have all of the old and new container files in the default location ... RC_Date_FMS / NewFileName / Docs. But none of the old container files are showing up in the container field. They were inserted before I changed the database filename.
Did you update the storage option for the container field(s) in Manage Database?
I did ... but it only gives me the option to select one location. So I have it at the default location ... and I moved all of the old container files to the new default location ... RC_Date_FMS / NewFileName / Docs. I tried the Transfer Data button in the Container Management after that but no luck.
Good Find ... thanks.
I remember reading something very similar to this but when I did the import of the client's old data into the updated program ... my process was different. I moved their file to my computer ... exported all of the individual tables to temp files ... then import those temp files into the updated program. I have an automated process for this so updates are quick. However ... I did not have the container files on my computer ... and it never asked about Transferring Data.
I'm not sure where this leaves me now because there are old records that referred to the old container file's location ... and new records that refer to the new container file's location. I think I need to do this on the client's computer so the container files are available during import. Maybe I can re-import the records from the old file using this method ... but I'm afraid it may break the link to all of the new records when it reestablishes the link for the old ones.
Due to the complexity of re-importing records to reestablish the link to the old container files ... we have decided to re-insert the files manually.
This is all for a school district's copy center ... and the only files that are an issue are the print jobs that have not been completed prior to the update. It is far quicker to re-insert those file directly from the managed container folder back into the container field ... than it is to re-import the records themselves from the client's server.
So problem solved ... without actually addressing the problem.