AnsweredAssumed Answered

Disabling the Launch Center

Question asked by markd on Mar 14, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 by Jason Wood

Hi,

I have a Filemaker script that runs every day on a schedule.  Basically there's a launchd job, which triggers an AppleScript, and that AppleScript tells Filemaker (Filemaker Pro Advanced v15) to open a database and run a Filemaker script.

It works just fine if my Mac is "open" (i.e. the computer is unlocked because I'm working at it).  The launchd job triggers, the AppleScript runs, Filemaker opens, opens the required database, executes the script and then Filemaker quits.

But it doesn't work if the login password is required (i.e. if I've been away from my computer for a while).  In that case what happens is the launchd job runs, the AppleScript runs, Filemaker opens ... and then stops at the Launch Centre screen.  It doesn't open the nominated database or execute the script.

Question 1:  Is there a way to tell Filemaker to not show you the Launch Centre.  Really, I don't need it.  And I suspect the AppleScript might work if Launch Centre was switched off.

Question 2:  Has anyone got other suggestions for how to get Filemaker Pro Advanced to execute a script on a schedule, without the computer needing to be unlocked?

Outcomes