1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 1:48 PM by skywillmott

Web Direct - blurry images in browser

justinc

I ran into an issue recently with a Web Direct page being viewed in a browser.  It's a layout that has some small thumbnails on each body element, in a list view.  The images are 58(w) x 87(h).

This layout, when viewed in FileMaker, displays nice crisp thumbnails.  But when the same layout is viewed in a browser (Safari, Chrome, or Firefox) those same thumbnails are a bit blurry.  (All browsers showed the same blurriness.)

These thumbnails are themselves generated from images that are much larger - we scale them down after a user adds the image to keep the size of the DB smaller.  (These images are only ever displayed in a small thumbnail size.)

This is served up using FMS 15.01; viewed with FMPA 15.03, and the 3 browsers mentioned.

• 1. Re: Web Direct - blurry images in browser
          skywillmott

I also noticed pixelated/low res images being displayed using WebDirect from Server 15, whereas the same file using WebDirect from Server 14 displayed as they are meant to - much better quality...

I will try and get a couple of screenshots posted here later.... Unfortunatey I didn't keep it in Server 15 long enough to find a possible solution - the file still runs on Server 14 without any issues.....

Update: hmm, weird - I just tried the same file again in WebDirect (Server 15) and didn't get the pixelated images this time.... Sorry, nothing more helpful to report.....