1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2017 12:49 AM by kiwikaty

web view of google calendar has broken.

hjc621

My web viewer layout with google calendar has broken.  Previously it displayed the google calendar URL.  Now it only displays the calendar Title but the rest of the viewer screen is blank.  It was all working fine until about a month ago.  I can plug the calendar URL into a browser and the full calendar is displayed.  It suggest that google has changed something on their calendar that the FMP web viewer is not compatible with?  This occurs on FMP 9 and FMP 15

• 1. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
          Jason Wood

Enable the debugger and see if there are any errors in the console.

https://blog.beezwax.net/2015/07/20/enabl…

• 2. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
            schamblee

Are you using Windows?   some of the website are not supporting the older browsers.  

FMP webviewer default to IE9.  You can change to IE11

You will have to edit your registry

Go to the run box.  In Windows 10 right click the start button then select run. type Regedit then click ok.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Internet Explorer -> MAIN -> FeatureControl -> FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION -> FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe

When you double click on FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe the setting may be in Hexadecimal so change to Decimal then change the decimal value from 9000 to 11000.

Note : If you don't have FMPA then it will show FileMaker Pro.exe

• 3. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
              hjc621

I am on windows 7.  I have updated the registry from IE9 to 11 but it does not seem to have any affect on the problem.

With respect to the debugger, it may be my senility but, after beezwax description and other Google help, i have failed to succeed at that request.

• 4. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                hjc621

With respect to the debugger, it may be my senility but, after beezwax description and other Google help, i have failed to succeed at that request.

• 5. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                  schamblee

I have tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10 and I can view the full google calendar. 

Verify you have the correct url.  Google has been know to change the url.

2nd verify that you edit the registry correctly.   Note, you have to specify the Filemaker version you have.

• 6. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                    hjc621

Well, that is some good news.  At least the problem is narrowed to something on my end.  Convinced that I am following all the rules but apparently that is not the case L.  The process for obtaining the calendar address (https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?.......) is to copy and paste the address Google provides for the URL of the calendar, placing it in location, then calling that location in web viewer.  In web viewer I get a screen with the calendar title but no calendar.  I can paste it directly in the Chrome or Firefox the calendar shows up fine.   Does NOT show up in IE11.

I did get FMP 15 to work by using the iFrame code Google provides for embedding the calendar, placing it in a memory location, and opening that location in the web viewer.  Works fine.  Never did get it to work by just using the calendar URL (https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?......)

Still no luck with FMP 9 which the primary application is written for.  I can upgrade the job to FMP15 but rather not unless all else fails.

I will be happy with any other thoughts, suggestions, or ideas.  I will recheck the registry as you suggested. 

Thanks

• 7. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                      user19752

I don't know why it has broken, but can confirm it doesn't work without iframe.

The code looks intend to work on oooold IE, having this line.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

So changing IE version of web viewer may not resolve this.

I made a quick workaround. (tested only on Windows)

"data:text/html," &

"<!DOCTYPE html>" &

Char(1000013) & "<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->" & Char(1000013) &

"<html style='height:100%'>" &

"<style>body,iframe{width:100%;height:100%;margin:0;border:0;padding:0;overflow:hidden}</style>" &

"<body>" &

"<iframe src='https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=.....'></iframe>"

Edited: I forgot to use 0 styles on body.

• 8. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                        schamblee

That url was not given in the original post.   I got the same results using that url.  

I went to google calendar and copied the url and it displayed google calendar in a webviewer.  The only change I had made was the IE version, hence the suggestion to test.

• 9. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                          hjc621

Everything seems to work with FMP15 and Chrome or Firefox as primary.  Still does not work with IE11---convinced that the problem is on my end and probably in IE configuration .  Chrome is primary browser anyway so not going to press the issue further.  Will chase IE problem at a later date.

FMP9 does not work with any of the browser configurations at the current Google calendar URL.  The same viewer code (data:text/html,"& admin_global::gcalendar_URL) only partially works on FMP9 and is fully functional on FMP15 with Chrome as primary.  Have convinced myself that not worth the time to continue trouble shooting FMP9 web viewer interaction with today's browsers at the current  high priority.  Moving job to FMP15 and revisit this on a later date.

Thanks for the help…helped confirm where the problem exist and my direction.

Cheers

• 10. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                            schamblee

Nether Chrome or FIrefox has anything to do with the webviewer.   FM Webviewer in Windows uses IE webkit.  It default to IE9.  

• 11. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                              hjc621

My mistake, somewhere I thought I had understood FMP used the primary browser.  Did not realize it was totally linked to IE.  In any case my situation is still the same, I can make it work as needed with FMP15 but FMP9 only opens the calendar to show the title with no calendar.

The total web viewer code is:

data:text/html, "& admin_global::gcalendar_URL 

where gcalendar_URL contains:

As indicated earlier, I am ready to live with the move to FMP15 but would like to stay with the FMP9 system if possible.

• 12. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                                user19752

I found my code don't work on another computer at first time. The URL may be redirected to login page of google account, it can't be displayed in iframe. Once logged in from webviewer, it become working.

I'm not sure how it works on browsers other than webviewer. Iframe is google suggestion, so why not try to open another window or popup to login, instead of redirect in iframe?

I changed some attributes of iframe from the code provided from google, it could be the cause.

• 13. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                                  user19752

Do you run FMP9 on same machine that tested with FMP15, or old version of Windows or IE?

I misunderstood that the "embed" URL is provided from Google not only for using in iframe, but also stand alone in browsers.

But it never work on IE without iframe, since the code need IE9 or newer but have "force document mode to be IE7 emulation" meta tag. Testing on IE debugger, mode 7 (or 8), show only calendar name at top left as you see.

This looks Google don't want the URL work on IE.

I havent't get why FMP9 don't work with iframe yet.

• 14. Re: web view of google calendar has broken.
                                    hjc621

My apologies for the poor description of the problem!  I had not looked at the code for several years until this calendar problem suddenly appeared.  After several days of intense Google time I had gotten a bit too immersed in the problem.

FMP 9 was already on this WIN7 machine when the problem started..no longer having the full calendar display.  I have installed a trial FMP15 that does work with the google calendar. 

Here is copy & paste of the code that I copied from Google calendar was in use for several years then just quit working:

Again my apologies for getting started down the wrong path.

1 2 Previous Next