There have been some recent discussions about problems with FileMaker Go.
I have another issue to share with the forum that might be important for other developers to know about. I have a scripted update procedure for updating files on an iPad. The procedure worked well until today. The procedure is triggered in a start up script when the opening file has a particular name (file name begins with the word update). Today the start up script did not run properly. I also disable all of the searches on all layouts but the Find magnifying was enabled. Here is where it gets scary, I'm fairly certain the file was opening with a full access password instead of the auto login password and account. Custom menus and the update script do not run with full access in my start up script. I re downloaded the file again and the problem persisted. My next step was to restart the iPad and then everything ran fine. I use FileMaker Go 15. This problem is hard to reproduce since a restart clears up the problem.
Here is a list of suggestions for avoiding potential problems using FileMaker Go
1. If you are using iOS 10 do not use FileMaker Go 13 or 14. They will crash your files unless you are very lucky.
2. Restart your iPad/iPhone frequently. (at least once a week)
3. If FileMaker Go behaves strangely, restart the iPad/iPhone. A majority of the problems I see are solved with a restart. Also close all files before doing a restart.
4. Close all files when you are finished. Attached an Exit Application step to a button. This will close all open files.
5. NEVER EVER close the iPad cover or put the iPad/iPhone to sleep if you are connected to a hosted file. You will eventually regret doing this.
6. If you kill the FileMaker Go app with a two finger swipe up, make sure the files are closed before doing this. If not you are doing a force quit on open files which potential can corrupt your files.
7. Whenever doing a crucial procedure like an update, consider doing a restart of the iPad/iPhone before doing the update.
Please feel free to add to this list.