4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 9:58 AM by JohnGagne

WEB Viewer - String Literal Works But Not Calculated URL

JohnGagne

WEB Viewer - String Literal Works as hoped; But Not Calculated URL

String literal containing a FOLIO id goes right to appraiser record for a property.

Calculated URL make you go to appraiser SEARCH page and enter the FOLIO.

THIS WORKS

string literal works.png

goes to page for that unit.png

THIS DOES NOT

calc does not work.png

makes you past folio and search.png

Any comments please?

John Gagne

• 1. Re: WEB Viewer - String Literal Works But Not Calculated URL
          philmodjunk

We can't see the value of the two fields in your calculation and thus cannot see where the issue might be.

I would check it in the data viewer or in a calculation so as to compare the calculation results to your quoted string.

• 2. Re: WEB Viewer - String Literal Works But Not Calculated URL
            JohnGagne

The data associated with the prefix and folio are displayed successfully in the web viewer when they are represented by a single string literal. The web view goes right to the site for the particular property associated with that folio.

It looks like the folio (the value filling in for the "?") is not interpreted successfully when represented by a calculation that combines those strings, the prefix and the folio.  in this case, the web viewer sends you to the appraiser's page but asks you to input the folio and press SEARCH.

The string looks exactly as expected in the data viewer.

Thanks for looking.

• 3. Re: WEB Viewer - String Literal Works But Not Calculated URL
              JohnGagne

I apologize!!  As can often be the case, it may be easy to overlook a small item.

At face value, a value in the data viewer looked reasonable.  But when I displayed two results side-by-side in the data viewer, one result was slightly longer than the other.

My oversight...I needed the FILTER to include more possibilities.   I typed it accurately in the string literal.  But I did not FILTER broadly enough.

Very sorry.  Thank you for your support.

John Gagne

• 4. Re: WEB Viewer - String Literal Works But Not Calculated URL
                JohnGagne

I apologize!!  As can often be the case, it may be easy to overlook a small item.

At face value, a value in the data viewer looked reasonable.  But when I displayed two results side-by-side in the data viewer, one result was slightly longer than the other. 

My oversight...I needed the FILTER to include more possibilities.   I typed it accurately in the string literal.  But I did not FILTER broadly enough.

Very sorry.  Thank you for your support.

John Gagne