georgej

Two questions asked of FileMaker in relation to DevCON

Discussion created by georgej on Mar 20, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 by DonCollier

I have today asked FileMaker for its views with regards to:

(1) President Trump's ban on foreigners travelling to the US (irrespective of its legal status it is an issue at immigration), particularly those who are likely to face arbitrary and discriminatory action upon trying to enter the US because of any Arabic or "Muslim" sounding names, and

(2) the status of the Women at FileMaker sub-group meetings which in previous years have been closed to men.

With regards to (1) this will have a relevance to any non-US citizens wishing to attend DevCON.

With regards to (2) this only applies if men are banned from those meetings as was the case a couple of years ago - I wanted to check what the latest position is.   I asked this question a couple of days ago in one of the related discussion threads and have not received any responses to that, so I am asking it again but in a broader context. 

I cannot speak for the US but in the UK it would be unacceptable to ban men from a business meeting (besides being deeply patronising and offensive, in my opinion, to those men who have strived their entire careers to ensure that women are treated equally in the work place). 

For those of you who may feel that it is appropriate for women to discriminate against men I will respectfully disagree and do not want enter into a debate about it for the simple reason  that I do not believe that any form of discrimination is debatable.

Outcomes