2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 11:07 AM by masterkey

Download file from FMServer to client

masterkey

Is there a way to downlod a file from FileMaker Server to the client?

My idea was to download a file stored in a container field on FMServer by "Perform Script On Server" to the client.

Is there a way to do this?

• 1. Re: Download file from FMServer to client
          ch0c0halic

Without know what kind of file and the use case I hesitate to make suggestions. I don't believe this an acceptable way to distribute a file. I can hear your IT department yelling "Security breach, Security breach" at the top of their lungs.

I can only guess at your scenario and what the file type is but I think what you are asking to do is very dangerous. For example if I insert a file into the container field and it has a virus then your system would infect every computer.

Two possibilities that put the download requirement on the end user.

Have the user open the FMP file with the container field and push a button that performs the download to their computer.

OR

email it to them.

In either case it is your responsibility to ensure the file is virus-free.

• 2. Re: Download file from FMServer to client
            masterkey

Thank you for your reply ch0c0halic.

Have the user open the FMP file with the container field and push a button that performs the download to their computer.

Just search a solution to automate this.

Open the file on the server and then "press" the downloadbutton by script would be a possibility.