redcurry

FileMaker hangs after opening a DB

Discussion created by redcurry on Mar 21, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 by TSPigeon

Hi there,

Not sure if I'm at the right place here calling for help with an issue. But I'd like to give it a try.

Our systems are all Windows 7- 64 Bit, fully installed with latest Windows security updates.

We have a database which can be used by several users at the same time. They can access the DB directly from the Desktop by clicking on the shortcut or through our remote desktop site when they want to work at home or abroad. The same Windows profile is being loaded when logging in locally on a desktop machine or when logging in the Remote Desktop. Remote Desktop gives access to the same work space as on a Desktop, the difference is that the work space is on a virtual machine.

Now we have one user who wants to work in the FileMaker DB from her office work space. FileMaker loads in and additionally opens the DB. It shows all the tabs and entries. But when she clicks on one of the tabs, FileMaker hangs and shuts down. Normally, at this point we should see the coffeecup noticing us please wait a second.

I've let her access the DB through the Remote Desktop option and when her Desktop appears and she doubleclicks the FileMaker Database...it starts up and let's her access all the tabs without any problems!

If we ask another colleague to log on to the same machine this person can access the DB without any problems!

So there must something wrong with the local Desktop machine. And it should be in her profile.

So I've deleted the FileMaker folder under C:\<username>\AppData\Local and Roaming. Started the Database again but nope, still the same problem.

Event Viewer shows 3 entries that go with this application hang:

Source : Windows Error Reporting

Event ID : 1001

Fault bucket 540695664, type 30

Event Name: CLR20r3

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: FileMaker Pro.exe

P2: 14.0.1.175

P3: 5538423e

P4: WindowsBase

P5: 4.6.1087.0

P6: 583e614d

P7: caf

P8: d0

P9: System.ArgumentException

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\mrijnsburger\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF28B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\mrijnsburger\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_FileMaker Pro.ex_7761cbd712fec5a3b4552ca1bb0cb2f41ad786_1af08690

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: dba210cf-0e22-11e7-9ecc-00c2c61d0db1

Report Status: 0

----

Source: .NET Runtime

Event ID : 1026

Application: FileMaker Pro.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.ArgumentException

at System.Windows.DependencyProperty.ValidateDefaultValueCommon(System.Object, System.Type, System.String, System.Windows.ValidateValueCallback, Boolean)

at System.Windows.DependencyProperty.RegisterCommon(System.String, System.Type, System.Type, System.Windows.PropertyMetadata, System.Windows.ValidateValueCallback)

at System.Windows.Documents.TextElement..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException

at System.Windows.FrameworkElement..cctor()

Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException

at System.Windows.Window..cctor()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(System.Xml.XmlReader, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseMode)

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(System.IO.Stream)

at WPFC.WPFCHelper.LoadXaml(Int32)

at <Module>.WPFCBase.CreateWPFWindow(WPFCBase*, gcroot<WPFC::WPFCWindow ^>*)

at <Module>.WPFHwnd.CreateDialogEx(HINSTANCE__*, UInt32, HWND__*, Int32 (HWND__*, UInt32, UInt32, Int32))

----

Source : Application Error

Event ID : 1000

Faulting application name: FileMaker Pro.exe, version: 14.0.1.175, time stamp: 0x5538423e

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23572, time stamp: 0x57fd0379

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000c54f

Faulting process id: 0x480

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2a22f9331488a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro 14\FileMaker Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: dba210cf-0e22-11e7-9ecc-00c2c61d0db1

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this issue before and perhaps has some kind of clue and can give me a direction where to look at/for.

Thanks!

Best,

Arjan.

Outcomes