5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 8:32 PM by philmodjunk

Create a new record via a popover in the same TO

sdurante

Can popovers do this?

• 1. Re: Create a new record via a popover in the same TO
          rgordon

Yes.  Can you give a little more detail on what you want to accomplish?   You can put a button in the popover that creates a new record,

• 2. Re: Create a new record via a popover in the same TO
            sdurante

Yes. Thank you.

What I have is a TO of members. Fields include basic facts: name, address, etc.

I also have fields that indicate whether the new member has a spouse, his first name, and last name.

I was hoping that I could have a popover for the spouse's information that would enter the duplicate data (address and such) into the spouse's own individual record, which does not yet exist--while I was creating the original record.

If not a popover, is there another way?

• 3. Re: Create a new record via a popover in the same TO
              philmodjunk

You can do it with a popover but duplicate data is to be avoided.

You can put global fields in the popover. When you click the button for a new record, the script can copy the data from globals to the new record.

But you might use a related table for addreses and link all patients with the same address to the same address record.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Create a new record via a popover in the same TO
                sdurante

Thanks--again.

I'll work on those suggestions.

In the meantime, here are more details in case there's an even better way.

What I have is a TO of members. Fields include basic facts: name, address, etc.

I also have fields that indicate whether the new member has a spouse, his first name, and last name.

I was hoping that I could have a popover for the spouse's information that would enter the duplicate data (address and such) into the spouse's own individual record, which does not yet exist--while I was creating the original record. (I understand a TO of addresses would minimize duplication in the main TO.)

Can what I want to do still be accomplished?

• 5. Re: Create a new record via a popover in the same TO
                  philmodjunk

Scripts can copy data, such as addresses to variables. Create the new record and then copy from the variables to fields of the new record.