4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2017 2:14 PM by PSI

FM 15 ODBC Issue

PSI

I upgraded a client to FM 15 from FM 13. We were using the standard MySQL driver 5.3. which doesn't work with FM 15

Now FMI has replaced the MySQL with a driver FileMaker ODBC. When I try to setup that the ODBC Datasource to connect to MySQL I enter the same credentials but get an error

However, when if i use the MySQL driver it connects no problem.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: FM 15 ODBC Issue
          greglane

The FileMaker ODBC Driver is used for connecting to a FileMaker data source. It is not the right driver to use for connecting to a MySQL data source. If you installed a 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro, you'll need to install a 64-bit MySQL driver and create a 64-bit DSN with that driver.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: FM 15 ODBC Issue
            PSI

I already had this configured with the MySQL driver. They have been using it,  with FM 13, for years. Now with FM 15 it doesn't work.

However, I was told by tech support that we can't use the standard MySQL driver anymore. FMI replaced it with FileMaker ODBC. there is another one that is just FileMaker Pro which I think is the one for connecting to FMP.

• 3. Re: FM 15 ODBC Issue
              greglane

The "FileMaker ODBC" driver will not work to access a MySQL datasource. The other FileMaker drivers in your screenshot are outdated. FileMaker no longer provides ODBC drivers for non-FileMaker datasources. If you are using FileMaker's ESS feature with MySQL, the supported drivers are listed here:

https://www.filemaker.com/support/technologies/sql.html

FileMaker Pro 13 was only available in a 32-bit version. If you install the 32-bit version of FileMaker Pro 15, you might be able to use the existing driver and DSN. However, if you are using the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 15, you must install a new 64-bit driver (for Windows, the supported driver from the above link is MySQL ODBC 5.2 Unicode Driver version 5.2.7) and create a new 64-bit DSN.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: FM 15 ODBC Issue
                PSI

an addendum to greg's correct answer. I ended up using MySQL ODBC 5.1 Unicode driver, as per tech support and it is working.

Thank You!